Aliza Tessler (CSCS, CPT, CES)
Orange Theory Coach
Exercise is a celebration of movement
It’s not a punishment for what you ate
It’s not just a way to look good
It’s a celebration of what you can do and what you’re capable of
Find a form of movement that you enjoy— something that makes you feel confident and strong and excited— and stick with it
It’ll be worth it, I promise ❤️
- ▼WHAT GOT YOU INTO FITNESS? I was formerly a magician’s assistant for years, and when I quit that job, I was looking for something else that piqued my interest. I had always been energetic, and had a strong interest in biology and biomechanics. So, I applied for a job as a personal trainer at a “boujee” gym in Manhattan. At that point, I hardly worked out and didn’t really know much about it either— but I knew I wanted to help people, and I knew how to research effective programming. At first, I was very “gym-timidated”— felt like everyone was looking at me and like I didn’t know what I was doing. I quit my job at the gym in Manhattan and went back to school. I started doing home workouts and posting them on IG. Then a local gym reached out to me and asked if I wanted to be a trainer there. I said “yes,” and at that point I got my training cert, but still didn’t feel qualified to really train and program for people— I had to workout more myself to feel qualified to train others. I started trying out different programs. I grew my knowledge. I left my personal training job and started coaching at OrangeTheory, and that’s when I’d say I was truly “into” fitness. I started learning the thought process behind various types of programming. I got certified as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist. I started 5/3/1 and then shortly after, hired a coach and I started powerlifting competitively. And the rest, as they say, is history. 😊
- ▼WHAT'S YOUR SOURCE OF INSPIRATION? The people I coach are definitely my biggest sources of inspiration. I love helping people fall in love with movement. I love how happy and proud people get when they hit a new personal best. I love the personal growth people experience from accomplishing things they never thought they could do. It really keeps me going and inspired every day
- ▼WHAT ARE YOUR FITNESS GOALS? I’d love to make it to Worlds for powerlifting one day! I’m still pretty early on in my powerlifting career, but I’m very hopeful!! I’d also like to have a sub-8 minute mile
- ▼WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE EVL SUPPLEMENTS? Diehard creatine fan! I also love ENGN preworkout!! And of course 100% isolate protein powder 🤤
- ▼WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE EXERCISES? Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Pull-ups
- ▼WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT? Qualifying for USAPL nationals at my second powerlifting meet, less than a year into powerlifting!!
- ▼WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING? Dedication. Motivation is fleeting, but I’m very dedicated, even on my less good days.
- ▼WHAT'S YOUR GO TO CHEAT MEAL? I don’t believe in “cheat meals”— I eat food I enjoy eating, and just focus on getting enough protein throughout the day 😊